Latest fashion trends
One of the latest fashion trends is self customisation through hair extensions. Whether it is a full head of hair or simply a few strands of colour or feathers to brighten your look, it's showing up everywhere from the catwalks in Milan to your local shopping centre. Katie Perry, Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Alba, Kim Kardashian, Megan Fox, Paris Hilton, Rihanna, Steven Tyler and so many more celebrities have all used hair extensions. Whether you wish for more volume, length or simply a creative splash of style and colour there are plenty of affordable solutions for you to embrace this growing trend.
One of the best options based on ease of use, affordability, simplicity and lack of harmful chemicals and processes are the Micro-Bead I-Tip extensions. They come in an easy to use kit with the colours and styles you like ready to go. You can upgrade your look in minutes, whether it is for a special occasion or just a night out on the town, changing your style has never been easier.
Do it yourself!
Hair extensions are so easy to install you can put them in yourself. The biggest outlay for you is simply time. If you have the time, then not only are hair extensions easy to install, but they will look amazing if you do it right. It is as simple as looping the hair, pulling it through a bead then crimping it into place. The whole process will take around an hour per 40 strands of hair depending on how adept you are at the task. Here is our quick and easy guide to installing your hair extensions.
10 easy steps to installing your own micro bead hair extensions
- Ensure your hair is clean and brushed. This will make your task much easier!
- Section off your hair about an inch above the nape of your neck, or in a horizontal line around the middle of your ears
- Make sure that you leave a gap of at least 1cm from either side of your face and between each strand
- Thread the micro-bead onto the threading hook provided
- Take a strand of your own hair and slide the micro ring onto your own hair strand by hooking it into the threading hook. Then slide the micro ring onto your own hair
- Take the extension strand and slide the tip bond into the ring from the bottom and ensure that you don't slide it too close to the scalp. You will want to leave around 1cm from the hair root
- Clamp the ring shut with the pliers crimping the hair and the tip together. If you make a mistake simply squeeze the bead in the other direction to open it up again, re-position and clamp it shut again
- Create several rows on the back and sides of the head spacing the strands to fill in the gaps between the row below, similar to bricks in a wall
- Style your extensions to suit. If you were simply adding a splash of colour or style with several strands the same rules apply
- Your extensions will last up to 4 months depending on how fast your hair grows. Simply move the strands back up to 1cm from the root or change your look completely
If you are still unclear as to how this process works then please follow this link to watch a video on how it is done.Instructional Micro-Bead hair extension installation video
Feathered & coloured hair extensions
Hair extension kits
Our hair extension kits come with everything you'll need except the pliers. Most people have a pair of pliers around the home, so instead of forcing you to purchase another set our kits come without them and the added cost. If on the other hand you do require a set of pliers, then it is easy enough to get a new pair from your local hardware store for under $10. Our kits come in natural colours and tones, bright colours and feathered varieties and contain 10 or 20 strands per pack along with beads and hook. Prices start at only $10 for a basic kit. You can choose from either single colour or multi colour plain strand packs or combination plain and feather packs. Come into our Cairns store, talk to our friendly staff and check out our full range.